- The vendor's guarantee covers only defects of the supplied goods resulting from faulty design, materials or workmanship.
- This liability is limited to defects which appear during a period of 24 months commencing from the date of delivery to the ultimate buyer. In any case, however, the vendor's guarantee shall end not later than 36 months from the date of the shipment of the goods from the vendor's works or warehouse, if this period expires before the 24-month guarantee period. The repair of any defects does not result in a new guarantee or extension of the guarantee period.
- The purchaser can only avail himself of his rights under this clause if he notifies the vendor in writing and without delay of the defect that has become apparent - according to the applicable warranty regulations (warranty card)
- Upon receipt of a rightful claim from the purchaser the vendor, at his sole discretion, will
- either instruct the purchaser to repair the defective goods himself or have the defective good or parts thereof repaired at the vendor's cost, or return them freight free to the vendor for repair,or
- replace the defective good or parts thereof it is expressly agreed that the purchaser, save as provided for in this Clause, shall have no claims on the vendor for compensation in respect of any kind of loss or consequential damage, or for loss of profit.
- The guarantee of the vendor shall apply only on condition that the operating instructions are observed, and precludes defects arising from improper use or maintenance and normal wear and tear.